Friday, October 14, 2011

Old Enough

I'm grateful that I'm finally old enough:

I'm finally old enough to laugh when a two year old dumps out an entire container of sticky, maple syrup on himself and the kitchen counter (at least it wasn't on the floor!)

I'm finally old enough to laugh when a two year old drinks sugar out of the sugar pourer.

I'm finally old enough to laugh when a two year old takes my lipstick and covers his mouth, chin, cheek, etc.

I'm finally old enough to laugh when all three things happen in just a short stint of helping my sister-in-law with her kids!!

I'm finally old enough to know that kids aren't perfect, they scream and embarrass you in public, they make messes, they refuse to sleep when you want them to...or for that matter do anything you want them to do when you want them to do it.... and they grow up so fast that you actually miss all those moments that made you want to pull your hair out when you were younger...and so were they.

To everything there is a season and time--today I'm grateful to be in the season where two year olds are cute and mischievous and not mine!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. Seriously we should live next door to him...Taft and he would get along so smashingly. Literally, smashingly. Scott wants to know how it is that everything Taft touches suddenly turns into a horrid mess. I have no answer but without a doubt it is a true statement! Glad to hear Taft is just normal! Love the updates! M

    ReplyDelete